We are really proud to say that Carlton has been judged as GOOD by Ofsted!
We are pleased to announce and release our latest Ofsted Report, please see them below.
Our Ofsted visit was conducted on Tuesday 29th January 2019. We are very pleased with the outcome and the comments made by Ofsted. We would like to take this time to thank all our parents and carers for the support and completing the survey before the visit. We will be holding a drop in, later during the term for any questions you may have. We will advise you all once we have a date scheduled.
On the 15th & 16th January 2015 Ofsted came to visit and inspect our school. During the recent visit it was found that:
- Leaders and Governors are highly ambitious for the school and its pupils. They have been effective in raising standards year on year and improving early years provision since the previous inspection.
- Pupils achieve well. They make good progress from low starting points to reach average standards in reading, writing and mathematics at the end of Key Stage 2.
- Disabled pupils and those with special educational needs do exceptionally well because leadership in this area is outstanding.
- Provision for, and therefore achievement of more-able pupils has improved since the previous inspection.
- The work the school does to keep pupils safe is outstanding.
- Pupils show each other exceptionally high levels of respect and behave well around school, for example at playtimes and lunchtimes are calm and harmonious.
- Staff work exceptionally well with parents. The parents inspectors spoke to were extremely positive about the school.
- The school promotes pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development well. This ensures pupils leave Carlton as well-rounded youngsters who have every chance of success in the next phase of their education.
- Early years provision is now good. Children make good progress because activities meet their needs well.
- Attendance figures have risen year on year since the previous inspection.
To read the full version of the 2015 report you can visit the Ofsted website.