Welcome to Carlton Primary Schools admission page. Please take a look at the tabs below, this will provide you with all the information you will need to complete an application form and arrange a school tour. If you do require additional information, please feel free to contact the school office. There is information for prospective parents under the Our School tab, that may answer any questions you may have.
How to Apply
To apply for a place at Carlton Primary School, please complete an admission form and we shall schedule a date for you to come in and meet our Head teacher. There are various ways to apply, please see the details below:
- Download online admission form, complete and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Collect a admission form from the school
- Reserve a place at one of our school tours, and complete an application form.
Anyone can apply for a place at our school, if you are looking for an Nursery place, please take a look at our Nursery and EYFS admissions page.
There is more information available on Camden’s online application process on https://www.eadmissions.org.uk/eAdmissions/app.
Carlton Primary and Nursery School is a community school and abides strictly to the admissions guidelines of Camden Council. This means that in the event of an over-subscription, the following criteria will be applied to applicants:
- Looked after children or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became the subject to an adoption, child arrangement, or special guardianship order.
- Applicants who have a brother or sister living at the same address on the school’s roll when they join.
- Applicants whom the Authority accepts have an exceptional social or medical need for a place at the school in question. Parents / carers will need to submit a case supported by appropriate professional evidence from a doctor, social worker or similar professional. That evidence will need to support the link between the need to support the link between the need and our school.
- Children whose parent is a qualified teacher teaching at this school for two years or more at the time of application and / or children of a qualified teacher teaching at this school who has been recruited to fill a vacancy for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage,
- Distance measured in a straight line from the child’s home to the centre of the school, using the local authority’s computerised measuring system, with those living closer to the school receiving higher priority.
When to Apply
School admission applications can be made at any time of the year.
For Reception entry for 2019-20, please click here Reception admissions timetable 2019.
If applying in advance for a Reception place, applications need to be made directly to the Camden Local Authority by their set deadline.
If you have any queries or questions, please contact the school and we will be happy to help.
What Happens Next
Once we receive your child’s application form we will:
- Check if we have a place available to offer you
- If we have a place, we will offer you an introductory meeting with the Head Teacher
- Once you have met with the Head Teacher we will arrange a start date for your child
- We will then follow this up with a letter confirming the start date
If you have applied for a Nursery or Reception place, you will be contacted by our Family Support Worker (FSW) to arrange a home visit. For Reception applications, this will be once you have been officially allocated a place at Carlton by Camden Local Authority.
A home visit is an opportunity for us to meet you and your family as part of our transition process. It will give you the opportunity to ask questions and find out more about your child starting our school.
If you would like to know more about our admissions procedure please read our Admissions Policy.
There are regular tours of the school and we advise prospective families to visit so that you can make an informed decision. If you are interested in coming along, please contact the school to find out when the next tour is.